*Please note we will not be using recruitment agents to find candidates for the role
Start Date: September
Hours: 9am – 5pm. Part time, 3 days per week
Rap Interiors is a successful design and fit out contractor that delivers refurbishment projects throughout London and the South East. This role is based at Rap’s head office in Maidstone, Kent.
The Job Role
Rap seek a part time accounts cover during a 10-month maternity period for our very busy office in Maidstone, Kent. You will be working alongside our experienced external accountants, and the right applicant will need experience and knowledge in the following:
- Processing invoices and payments using Sage Line 50 accounts
- Control of both debtors and creditors
- Invoicing for suppliers and sub-contractors
- An understanding of VAT and ideally reverse VAT for construction
- Receiving invoices, matching to the project and posting
- Filing orders, invoices and payments into the relevant files
- Preparing monthly CIS returns and sending out subcontractor statements
- Regularly maintaining the aged creditors and debtors ledgers, running reports and chasing customer invoices to ensure cash flow is maintained
- Liaising with the directors each month over project budgets and updating in sage. Discussing work in progress and preparing calculations from Sage to run the reports for discussion.
Support will be given by the current Accounts manager with a handover of 4-6 weeks depending on the start date. There is also support from the external accountant available.
There is an amazing drive at Rap office for hard work and reward but we need someone to rely on as this is a busy role. Therefore, we require someone with the right skills such the following:
- Good timekeeping
- Outstanding communication
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Eye for figures
- Working to deadlines
- Good maths and English
- Competence in Excel, Sage 50 and Word
You will also be expected to help with the company administration tasks such as answering the phone, assisting with the Directors etc.
This role is for maternity cover only and is a fixed term contract for up to one year.
Rap Interiors offer a 12 days holiday plus bank holidays. Salary is £24k-£28k PA (pro rata).
How to Apply
Please send CV and a covering letter explaining with experience you have in Managing Accounts along with what qualities you will bring to us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we will only shortlist those with some experience in accounting/bookkeeping.
We are seeking someone to start September and this vacancy closes mid-August.
Rap Interiors is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
About Rap Interiors
We are a family-run workspace design and build company with over 30 years’ experience transforming interiors across London and the UK. During that time, we have helped countless clients to reach peak performance with unique, visually-arresting interior design concepts that foster a happy and productive workforce.
Our ethos is to look after our clients all the way, making sure we are developing great relationships all the time. Much of our business is repeat work and referral, and with an amazing website, we receive plenty of enquiries from clients who love the look of our projects.
Find out more about Rap Interiors here
View our projects here