When it comes to office refurbishments, many businesses want their offices to be the best which means getting rid of the old and replacing with a new, modern solution.
This is also the same when it comes to office furniture as it is seen as a short term disposable item that is changed as much as the colour on your office walls.
However, dependant on your companies needs this can be costly so why not consider reusing, revamping or recycling your current furniture. This means the money that you save can be diverted elsewhere in the project to creating an amazing meeting room or a quirky breakout area for staff to relax and hot desk in.
There is a great difference in the quality of 2nd Hand Office Furniture today compared to what was available in the past, with a lot of furniture looking brand new but at a fraction of the cost.
There may be a few minor scratches and dents, however, these can be treated and amended if needed.
Other advantages of used office furniture include the following:
– it is a cost effective solution for businesses on a tight budget
– you can purchase and obtain second-hand furniture quicker as it has already been produced, new furniture tends to be made to order.
– it’s good for the environment
Recycling old furniture saving it from going to landfill is a good feeling.
If that doesn’t convince you here are some facts about office furniture from the Waste and Resource Action Programme (WRAP).
– Approximately 1.2 million office desks and 1.6 million office chairs end up in UK landfills each year
– A remanufactured desk cost typically 30% or less than the cost of a new desk
– Simple reuse of an office desk can cut its carbon footprint by 36% and replacement of just the desktop cuts its footprint by 18%
– Refurbishment/repair of an office chair can reduce its carbon footprint by 45%
(Figures from Waste and Resource Action Programme (WRAP) – Benefits of Reuse A Case Study Office Furniture 2011 and www.wrap.org.uk – Carbon Impact of Office Furniture Reuse – Centre for Remanufacturing & Reuse CRR 2010.)
Here at Rap we can recommend and supply your business with great quality second-hand office furniture throughout Kent, London and Brighton.
This month we have 10 wooden under desk pedestals which are available to be purchased from our head office in Kent.
The 10 Beech pedestals have not been previously used and were ordered by a client who then changed their mind on their office interior scheme. Measurements 300w x 600d x 655h
To purchase please click here
For more office furniture solutions or to find out more about what we can provide with our office design and space planning services then contact us today.
Rap Interiors believe being environment-friendly is important to business, including our own which is why we are accredited with the Gold Level STEM (Steps To Environmental Management Scheme)