We are searching for the right candidate to join our dynamic company to provide space planning and interior design support within our design team.
This role would suit someone who is passionate and competent in design, recently completed their education and is open to a traineeship to start within this industry. You will need an eye for colour co-ordination and an eye for detail. Starting salary £6.15 per hour dependant on age.
Working hours are full time – Mon-Friday 9.00am – 5 pm.
Introduction to Rap Interiors will begin with an in house training period to learn any skills required for the job role these may include:
- CAD Computer software
- Surveying techniques
- Supplier and product knowledge
- Commercial client application
After the initial training period you will progress on to further skill sets:
- You will progress to listening to clients’ needs from our surveyors and put together design. concepts that meet a client brief to improve workspace planning. To achieve this, you will be required to choose finishes including flooring, lighting, wall colours, kitchens, furniture and feature areas.
- As experience is gained you may be asked to accompany surveyors on enquiries to ascertain client priorities within their briefs.
- Liaise with internal team members and external suppliers to obtain required information in a timely manner.
- Produce floor plans and specification elevations using AutoCAD software for internal and external drawings.
- Amend drawings to reflect clients’ alterations and re-issue for approval.
- Attend Site meetings if required.
- Maintain the project file, documents and correspondence and ensure full history of project is available
- Ensure that your designs are clearly communicated to other departments.
- Create both digital and physical moodboards.
- Convey ideas clearly, to produce 3D designs.
- Arrange for samples from suppliers to reflect the finished designs.
Our goal is to look after our clients throughout the process; ensuring our working relationships continue to be positive for future projects.
- Strong concept of measuring and surveying skills.
- Have a good eye for detail.
- Can produce work under initial instruction.
- Multi tasker.
- Be comfortable with reading and understanding briefs provided by clients and producing 2D drawings and digital moodboard documents on CAD to display design interpretations.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal qualities.
- Must be able to work as a team and foster confidence in all.
- Organisational skills, time keeping, paperwork, cost management, picking the right products, listening to clients’ needs and providing solutions
- Good relationship building with clients, suppliers, contractors and the Rap team
- Commitment to providing accurate Design handovers and understand revisions are necessary sometimes.
- Able to hit the ground running!
- Knowledge in Microsoft Excel, word, e mail would be beneficial
- Must be comfortable with basic computer applications and spreadsheets.
We do expect all our applicants to be:
- Willing to learn
- Team orientated
- Deadline driven
We do not expect individuals to have all required qualifications, so training will be provided to the right candidate who is passionate about design.
We use Adobe AutoCAD on a daily basis, knowledge in this software will be advantageous, but non-essential to the right candidate as this can be taught in house.
What Can You Expect
Rap Interiors offer a Pension scheme, 20 days holiday plus Bank hols, national pay rates dependant on age.
Hours of working can sometimes need flexibility as you may need to work later in order to hit deadlines.
We do have a BIG office dog, so please bare this in mind, as not everyone likes working with animals.
What To Do Next
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating what you can bring to the team and why you would be a great candidate to consider joining our tight knit company to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enclose any examples of work you may have.
Rap Interiors is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We are seeking someone to start asap and this vacancy closes end March 2020
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES TO CONTACT US IN REGARDS TO THIS ROLE PLEASE.