This role would suit someone with up to 2 years experience OR we are open to providing a Traineeship role for someone passionate and competent in Design wanting to start in this industry. You will need the eye for colour co-ordination and have an eye for detail and accuracy.
Full-Time / Permanent
Want to work for a fit out company with a difference?
Would you like to join a dynamic team (which includes a dog!) driven by a commitment to creating amazing transformations of workspace in the commercial sector?Rap Interiors is a successful design and fit out contractor that delivers refurbishment projects throughout London and the South East. This role is based at Rap’s head office in Maidstone, Kent.
We are searching for the right candidate to join our company to provide space planning and interior design support in the Design team..
The Job Role
We are looking for the right person who can multitask with a good memory, attention to detail and deadline orientated. We all rely on each other here to work in an organised fashion so this skill is imperative for the successful candidate. Excellent communication is key to this company
The RoleInitially you will listen to clients needs from our surveyors and put together concepts that meet a client brief to improve workspace planning. To achieve this you will be required to choose finishes including flooring, lighting, wall colours, kitchens, furniture and feature areas
As experience is gained you will often be asked to accompany surveyors on enquiries eventually progressing to attending some on your own
Liaise with internal team members and external clients to obtain required information in a timely manner
Produce floor plans and specification elevation using AutoCAD software drawings for internal and external use.
Amend drawings to reflect clients’ alterations and re-issue for approval.
Attend Site meetings if required.
Maintain the project file, documents and correspondence and ensure full history of project is available
Ensure that your designs are clearly conveyed to estimating and project managers and remain part of that project team Create moodboard documents and in some cases fabric and sample real moodboards
Convey ideas clearly, to produce 3D designs
Liase with the project delivery team and visit site to ensure the build is constructed to the signed off design.
Arrange for product samples to be provided as requested.
Obtain written confirmation from client to enable design sign off… to commence.
Create bespoke detailed drawings for joinery objects
Working hours – Mon-Thursday 9.00 – 5 pmOur concept is to look after our clients all the way, making sure we have great relationships developing all the time.
This is a family business and we have a lot of fun stuff going on as well as outside the company. We celebrate successes and encourage personal development within the company.
It would be great if the applicant lived within 20 miles of Kent HQ office so travelling to and from the office doesn’t cause a problem long term.Essential Skills
– Must have strong analytical and concept of measuring skills.
– Should have a good eye for detail.
– Good Memory – Can produce work under initial instruction
– Multi tasker
– Should be comfortable with reading and understanding drawings provided by clients and produce 2D drawings and moodboard documents on CAD.
– Must have good communication and interpersonal qualities.
– Must be able to work as a team and foster confidence in all.
– Organisational skills, time keeping, paperwork, cost management, picking the right products, listening to clients needs and providing solutions
– Good relationship building with clients, suppliers, contractors and the Rap team
– Commitment to providing accurate Design handovers and understand revisions are necessary sometimes.
– Able to hit the ground running!
– Knowledge in Microsoft Excel, word, e mail would be beneficialMust be comfortable with basic computer applications and spreadsheets.
– We use Adobe AutoCAD on a daily basis, knowledge in this software will be advantageous, but non-essential to the right candidate as this can be taught in house
We do expect all our applicants to be:
Have a great memory
Willing to learn
We do not expect individuals to have all required qualifications, so training will be provided to the right candidate who is passionate about design
What Can You Expect
Rap Interiors offer a Pension scheme, 20 days holiday plus Bank hols, salary negotiable £16000-£20000
Hours of working can sometimes need flexibility as sometimes you have to work a bit late to meet deadlines
We do have an office dog, so please bear this in mind, as not everyone likes working with animals.What To Do Next
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating what you can bring to the team and why you would be a great candidate to consider joining our tight knit company to email@example.com. Enclose any examples of work – we love looking!
Rap Interiors is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We are seeking someone to start immediately and this vacancy closes end Nov 2018