The Job Role
Due to a family relocation, Rap is seeking a new accounts manager for our very busy head office in Maidstone, Kent. The position will be an immediate start.
It is essential that the right candidate has had previous experience in this role, while knowledge of the construction sector would also be beneficial. We would love someone with a great personality and sense of humour.
The right applicant will need experience and knowledge in the following:
- Processing invoices and payments using Sage Line 50 accounts
- Controlling both debtors and creditors
- Invoicing suppliers and subcontractors
- Understanding of VAT
- Previous experience with monthly CIS returns
- Managing money within bank accounts to earn interest and keep within the overdraft
- Processing monthly payroll including BACS payments
- Ensuring all invoices and postings are correctly posted to relevant job numbers
- Doing monthly CIS returns and sending subcontractor statements
- Regularly maintaining the aged creditors and debtors ledgers, running/chasing reports and ensuring cash flow is maintained
- Reconciling control accounts
- Posting prepayments and accruals at month end
- Running and posting WIP reports at month end
On top of this you will be checking financials with the project team on a monthly basis; passing files and reports for job costing; filing orders, invoices and payments; overseeing stationary control; collating work in progress figures; and reporting to the whole team at meetings on profit and loss figures.
Pleas note training in monthly management accounting can be provided if you feel you are perfect for this role but lack the relevant experience.
The ideal candidate will also be:
- A good timekeeper and communicator
- Calm when working under pressure
- Able to work to deadlines
- Competent in Excel, Sage and Word
What Can You Expect
Salary is £26,000-£28,000 and negotiable depending on experience.
Hours of work are 9-5 but will sometimes require flexibility depending on deadlines.
We are seeking someone to start immediately and this vacancy closes end of October 2019.
How to Apply
Please send CV and a covering letter explaining with experience you have in managing accounts to email@example.com.
Read more about the company and the team along with case studies as www.rapinteriors.co.uk.
Rap Interiors is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Rap delivers projects to the office, education, healthcare and industrial sectors. With a dedicated design, project and business relations team, we enjoy an excellent relationship with our clients and have an approximated 75% repeat business statistic.